Early Childhood Education Worker (2 Positions) *RE-POST*
Henvey Inlet First Nation is seeking a qualified full-time Early Childhood Education Worker to join our Administration. The ECE Worker reports to the Daycare Supervisor and is responsible for providing supervision and direct childcare to children attending the HIFN Daycare, in compliance with all regulatory standards required by federal, provincial and First Nations legislation, policies and procedures.
Under the leadership of the Daycare Supervisor, the ECE worker will help to plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for the children using a variety of teaching techniques in alignment with HIFN Daycare Philosophy. This position requires excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to adapt and respond to all childcare needs.
Henvey Inlet First Nation offers competitive wages, paid vacation and personal emergency days, an incredible pension and benefit package, on-site daycare services for working parents, fifteen paid federal, provincial and First Nations holidays, annual cultural leave, paid Christmas break, and half-day workdays every Friday.
The Early Childhood Education Worker will be responsible to:
- Provide a daily balance of developmentally appropriate active/quiet, indoor/outdoor & individual/group
activities and experiences for children
- Assist children in self-expression by listening and responding with dialogue that encourages and lengthens
- Encourage the children in learning about a variety of different cultures, including an understanding of our
First Nation culture and value system
- Provide experiences and play material that actively promotes diversity and acceptance in interactions and
- Participate in short- & long-term Daycare planning initiatives and evaluations
- Learn and use techniques provided to assist children in developing the necessary coping skills to address
unique life issues
- Observe how children use materials and interact with other children and adults and plan activities that
recognize these individual differences
- Initiate referral for additional services for parents and children as needed
- Ensure the child’s environment is healthy and safe and monitor the environmental hazards
- Attend to children’s physical needs for toileting, diapering, eating & sleeping as promptly as possible
- Maintain positive and ongoing communication with parents
- 1-3 years related professional experience working with children preferred
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education as recognized by the Ministry of Education a must
- Current Ontario RECE License in good standing and registration with the College of Early Childhood
Education a must
- Current and satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Current First Aid and CPR Level C
- Membership in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
- Professional and responsible attitude
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
HOURS OF WORK
Full Time – 35.5 hrs/week
As soon as possible
Open until filled
Those interested in applying should submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Henvey Inlet First Nation – Human Resources
295 Pickerel River Rd.
Pickerel, ON P0G 1J0
Tel: (705) 857-2331
Fax: (705) 857-3021
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Henvey Inlet First Nation gives preference to all qualified First Nations people in accordance with Section 24(1) (a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code.