AZ/Heavy Equipment Operator/Labourer
Pickerel Contracting Ltd. Is currently seeking a Full-time AZ Driver/Heavy Equipment Operator/Labourer to join our Road Crew. You will report to the foreman/manager duties include but not limited to safety,preventative damage on equipment, operating various equipment on diverse work sites. To be successful in this role, you should be knowledgeable of road construction, safety regulations, willing to learn on the job,be able to work in increment weather exceptional communication, team player, time management, and problem-solving skills.
The employee will be responsible to:
- Splitting time labouring and operating depending on what is needed to complete the sitework
- Road maintenance for all seasons (snow removal, grading, patching, building, ditching etc.)
- Operating various equipment including dozer, excavator, back hoe, loaders, Tri-axle etc.
- Perform minor equipment maintenance/repairs, Checking and filling fluids (oil etc.)
- Transport equipment to work site(s)
- Record keeping ie. Pretrips on vehicles (report to supervisor tagouts), log time on machines, timecards.
- Be environmentally conscious and follow guidelines.
- Respect and respond to direction given by Supervisor, Managers, Board of Directors and Chief and Council
- MUST have valid AZ driver's license.
- A clean driving abstract.
- Proven experience driving Tri-axle trucks and various equipment.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- Able to lift 50lbs, stand/sit for long periods of time.
- The ability to utilize GPS devices and road maps.
- Current First Aid and CPR Level C
- Excellent communication, organization and time-management skills
- Professional attitude and a strong work ethic
- Must be able to work as a team and individually; self-directed
- High school diploma or GED.
HOURS OF WORK
Full-Time – 40 hrs/week
To be determined based on experience
Once position has been filled
Those interested in applying should submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Pickerel Contracting Ltd.
295 Pickerel River Rd.
Pickerel, ON P0G 1J0
Tel: (705) 857-2331 ext: 228
Fax: (705) 857-3021
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to certified carpenters before apprentices.
Henvey Inlet First Nation gives preference to all qualified First Nations people in accordance with Section 24(1) (a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code.