Trust Coordinator/Membership Clerk
The part-time Trust Coordinator/Membership Clerk will serve two primary purposes.
The first primary purpose is to support Henvey Inlet First Nation Administration as it relates to support the Henvey Inlet First Nation Windfarm Legacy Trust (“the Trust”) Board of Trustees. For these responsibilities, they will report directly to the Board of Trustees through the Corporate Trustee and will responsible for coordinating and liaising with the Board of Trustees and Membership to assist in fulfilling the terms and conditions of the Trust Deed.
This includes administrative tasks related to the quarterly distribution of Member Payments, coordinating the Trust’s communication materials, and administering the Trust’s website.
The second purpose is to support the membership clerk with member registration and other member inquiries and for these responsibilities they will report directly to the Director of Finance/Administration.
This position will be located at Henvey Inlet First Nation’s administration offices.
The Trust Coordinator/Membership Clerk will be responsible to:
Trust Support Responsibilities
- Will report to the Board of Trustees through the Corporate Trustee when providing support responsibilities under the Trust.
- Manage the Quarterly Member Payments process to include the following tasks:
- Receive the Certified Membership List of Henvey Inlet First Nation on a quarterly basis;
- Notify and communicate to Members regarding deadlines for updating bank account information related to the Quarterly Member Payments;
- Manage the collection, updating and recording of Member’s bank account information into
HIFN’s accounting system to produce the Quarterly Membership Payment List in Excel;
- Update the payment amounts for Eligible Minors coming of age, Adults and Seniors in HIFN’s
accounting system to be included in the Quarterly Membership Payment List in Excel;
- Finalize and deliver the Quarterly Membership Payment List in Excel to the Corporate Trustee for review and presentation to the Board of Trustees for approval;
- Prepare the Member Payment file for Electronic Funds Transfer (“EFT”) format and provide this in EFT format to the Corporate Trustee;
- Monitor, track and reconcile the quarterly Member Payments once issued; and
- Respond to Membership inquiries
- Administer the Trust website including manage the Trust email inbox, upload relevant Trust materials, and update website content as needed.
- Work with the Indian Registry Membership Clerk, in HIFN Administration, for maintenance of various records related to the Trust.
- Liaise with Henvey Inlet First Nation Membership on current events and activities of the Trust which includes the distribution of the Trust’s annual report and annual audited financial statements.
- Organize and coordinate community Membership meetings and Chief & Council meetings for purposes of the Trust, including scheduling dates and times, booking venues and posting notices.
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating Board of Trustee meetings, training opportunities, and other Trust-related events.
- Attend Board of Trustee meetings in-person or video/conference calls and take notes at all meetings
- Represent the Trust to the best of their ability and act in the best interests and priorities of the Trust.
- Submit weekly timesheets to the Corporate Trustee detailing hours and description of duties completed;
- Adhere to a code of ethics and code of conduct, and confidentiality when handling private information of the Trust – this includes reading, understanding and complying, at all times, with HIFN’s Employee Policies as updated from time to time; and
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Board of Trustees or Chief and Council
Membership Clerk Responsibilities
- To maintain the updated electronic data spreadsheet of all Henvey Inlet Band Members, updating overall membership total on and off-reserve
- Maintain filing system of all Band Members keeping relevant documentation in secure filing cabinet
- To process all applications for Band Membership and have relevant information available for Chief and Council and Band Members upon making a decision
- To post up-dated Membership Lists as amended from time to time in the Band Office
- To assist with making status cards as requested by Band Members
- From time to time produce verification letter for Band Members requiring statement of blood line
- Maintain Membership Code of the Henvey Inlet First Nation
- Reports to Chief and Council at regular Band Council Meetings
- Preparation of BCR for Band Transfer (when required)
- Provide Electoral Officer with updated Eligible Voters list as required
- Report significant life events to Indian Registrar
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by Chief and Council or the Director of Finance/Administration
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent required
- 1-3 years professional administrative experience preferred
- Valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License
- Current Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Working knowledge of Henvey Inlet First Nation community, historical background and culture
- Strong computer and typing skills, including comfortability with web technology/software
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated financial literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience working at a financial institution (credit union, bank, etc) with knowledge of various bank processes
- High level of attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- High level of personal integrity, a professional attitude and a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must be willing to complete relevant training on Trusts, which may include:
- Trustee training
- Membership training
- Financial institution administrative processes (this may be through the Corporate Trustee)
- Handling private, confidential information
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required
HOURS OF WORK
Part-Time – 25 hrs/week
Negotiable based on experience
As soon as possible
Posted until filled
Those interested in applying should submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Henvey Inlet First Nation – Human Resources
295 Pickerel River Rd.
Pickerel, ON P0G 1J0
Tel: (705) 857-2331
Fax: (705) 857-3021
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Henvey Inlet First Nation gives preference to all qualified First Nations people in accordance with Section 24(1) (a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code.