Gas Bar Attendants - multiple vacancies
Henvey Inlet First Nation is seeking multiple, casual Gas Bar Attendants to join our Administration. The Gas Bar Attendant reports to the Gas Bar Manager and is responsible for the sale of fuel and other automotive products and in-store merchandise, including tobacco products. The Gas Bar Attendant is also responsible for processing all point-of-sale transactions via cash, credit, or debit card using an electronic scanner and cash register.
This position requires a high level of personal integrity and superior customer service skills.
The Gas Bar Attendant will be responsible to:
- Greet Gas Bar customers and refuel vehicles
- Answer customer inquiries
- Assist with the sale of automotive products, in-store merchandise and tobacco products, ensuring restricted products are sold only to customers that are of the required age by requesting appropriate identification
- Process sales transactions, receive payments and issue correct change and receipts
- Count money in cash drawer at the beginning and end of shifts, dropping end of shift deposits in Finance deposit box
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and Gas Bar exterior by sweeping service station and shoveling, sanding and/or salting service in winter and picking up/removing garbage and debris
- Stock shelves and price merchandise
- Change fuel prices on signage
- Assist with placing and receiving fuel and merchandise orders
- Maintain accurate sales and purchase records
- Perform other duties as assigned from time-to-time by Chief and Council or the Director of Finance/Administration
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent preferred
- Customer service and/or retail experience preferred
- Current First Aid and CPR Level C an asset
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Professional appearance and manners
- High level of personal integrity and a strong work ethic
- Basic mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
- Willingness to work rotating and flexible hours, including occasional weekends, a must
HOURS OF WORK
Varies – up to 40 hours per week as needed
As soon as possible
Those interested in applying should submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Henvey Inlet First Nation – Human Resources
295 Pickerel River Rd.
Pickerel, ON P0G 1J0
Tel: (705) 857-2331
Fax: (705) 857-3021
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Henvey Inlet First Nation gives preference to all qualified First Nations people in accordance with Section 24(1) (a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code.